Sign Up For Announcements!
The Problem with Meetup.com and My Vision
I believe social meetup groups are incredibly powerful to individuals and communities. I've attended and help run multiple groups over the last decade and feel like the available web tools are not as good as they can be.
Many groups turn to Meetup.com to help host a group website, but Meetup.com's execution has left many group organizers wanting more.
Meetup.com's behavior is hostile:
- Blocking organizers from accessing member data.
- Sharing member data with third party trackers.
- Allowing strangers to claim your group should you miss a payment.
In short, the tools and platform they provide are built for their interests and not your own.
We can do better. I think we can build a new platform that allows:
- A group’s website to be hosted at a domain you own and control.
- The member list to be available to the organizers and never sold to third parties.
- Modern tools that expand past the needs of a simple event calendar and truly help you execute and build a successful community.
Who am I?
My name is Mike Zornek. I am a fellow group organizer and programmer from Philadelphia, PA. For many years I’ve been watching Meetup.com fall into a period of stalled development and questionable practices and it's time to offer something different.
Introducing Club House Hosting
Club House Hosting is a new platform that will help group organizers launch dynamic websites for their group using their own domain. These sites will feature traditional publishing tools as well as tools dedicated to the unique needs of running a group, from things like event calendars with RSVP systems to member directories.
While still in early development, my current goal over the next few months is to reach out to the community and learn from other group organizers what matters most to them most and use this info to help craft the Club House experience.
Interested in a modern Meetup.com alternative?
Please show your support and sign up to the announcement mailing list below.
Follow along with weekly posts as we build the modern replacement for Meetup.com as well offer wisdom and advice that group organizers can apply today.
Subscribe via RSS.
- Nov 25, 2019 First Internal Build, 1.0 Release Notes
- Oct 23, 2019 How to Deal with No Show RSVPs
- Sep 25, 2019 What Makes a Great Venue for Your Meetup Group, And How to Find It!
- Sep 19, 2019 How to Find and Schedule Speakers for Your Next Event
- Sep 17, 2019 How to Discover Presentation Topics for Your Group